RUKI THE GAZETTE
Real Name: Matsumoto Takanori
Date Birth: 1st February 1982
Blood Type: B
Birthplace: Kanagawa prefecture (Shounan district)
Height: 162 cm
Weight: Nobody knows, except Ruki
Foot Size: 25.5 cm
Ring Size: 17 cm
Family: Mother, father, older brother
Piercing: 5 on the right ear
Tobacco: PIANISSIMO (He constantly promises to give up, but yes: he smokes)
First Copied Song: Sex Pistols - Bodies
Liked Type: A self-aware person, a wonderful person
Disliked Type: An impure girl, a stupid person
Strong Point: Genuine side
Weak Point: Genuine side
Charming Point: Temple
Likes: Shopping, shopping and shopping
Message: "Let's start from the bottom"
Previous Bands: Mikoto, Ma'die Kusse, Kar+te=zyAnose
- Ruki has a herniated disc in his spine. In childhood it wasn't painful but when he became older (first year of high school) it started to bothered him so he had it to be operated.
- Ruki is nervous. He likes to argue. Though in interview he often keeps silent and looks tense.
- Ruki has a tense relationships with his parents. He can't apologized personally to them, he writes letters to them.
- His hobby is shoping (shopping-to-death)
- His place of living is usually very clean and tidy, looks like temple and smells incense.
- Ruki was a drummer for one of his previous band.
-> About Ruki by other members
What is your first impression of Ruki?
- Reita: When I first met him, I thought he is a vivid rocker. It would be fun to form a band with him. But actually he is someone inconsistent. Once when we had performance with the other band, I asked him “let’s go home together today?”. Although he answered “Fine!” but when we found him he was all surrounded by fans. And we can just……May be he just couldn’t keep his promise.
Ruki’s expression: “That’s because……” said a nervous Ruki. Reita ignoring him.
- Kai: I met him in a live house when having a bands companionship. We didn’t have a word before at all but he just lent his equipments to me. He’s really a nice guy was my first impression of him.
Ruki was still a drummer at that time?
- Kai: Yes.
- Uruha: I really don’t remember. In my memory, I was interested in Ruki’s band vocalist. And after that the vocalist told us their drummer want to have some words with us. And I was like “Ohhhh, that guy!” (laugh)
- Aoi: I first met him in studio. He suddenly came shake my hands and didn’t get shy at all. I thought may be he would be someone big in the future. But I don’t remember anything else other than shaking hands.
What are Ruki’s strong and weak points?
- Reita: The good point is he has good sense of whatever he is doing. It is fun to have him around. He will cheer the others up around and have lots of more than necessary to speak……But he manage to merge into the atmosphere’s tension as a whole. The bad point is he really is a baka. Clumsy in speaking. And messed up the other’s house……
Ruki’s expression: I didn’t mess up you house!
- Kai: The good point is he has curiosity in everything. I think it’s good to have a try in anything new. The bad point is he has too many to speak. Sometimes I really want him to be quiet for a moment (laugh). I was half serious but Ruki just thought I was joking and kept on talking. (laugh)
- Uruha: The good point is he is very intimate with the others and that’s the lovely place he has. It’s just like he doesn’t know what the worldliness is. And he is the “heart” and “brain” of the GazettE. And we are brothers, we all respected him so much. The bad point is he likes shirking. It’s like he will act as an ostrich when there is difficulties.
Ruki’s expression: Looked like he want to run away from there.
- Kai: Ruki, that’s of no use. It’s over once you’re in that zone. You can’t escape just by running away. (laugh)
- Aoi: The good point is he has the most knowledge of music in the GazettE. But in this two years we have been working together, we always help to move out the equipments from the van. I just saw Ruki lead off shifting stuffs about three times in these two years. Every time is Kai who moving in and out very diligently. With the same B-blood type, there are still some differences between them.
- Uruha: He doesn’t have that voltage at all!
Ruki’s expression: Dumb……
Do you have things like “Please keep your mind on that! Please stop doing this!” that you want to tell Ruki?
- Reita: Please stop making up unreasonable lies. Once it was the meeting time already but Ruki still wasn’t here yet, I thought he was still sleeping so I just called and asked “Where are you?”. And he said “I am on the train now”, but it’s so quiet around that it didn’t sound like he is on one. The time didn’t match too. It’s okay to tell where is he now honestly. Please don’t making up bad lies.
- Kai: In my circumstances for example, he’d asked me to give him a cigarette, but I usually found it was all gone after that. Just tell me a word and I will give it to him.
- Uruha: Once a time, Ruki asked me “may I stay overnight at yours” and I said okay. And I let my mum prepared for his coming. But he still didn’t get here in the midnight, so I called and asked “aren’t you coming?” and he said “I am on my way.” So I just kept waiting, but the bell didn’t ring at all that day. (bitterly smile)
- Reita: Poor Uruha~
Ruki’s expression: “That’s SOOOO long ago……” murmuring to himself.
- Aoi: I felt the same. He said “give me a cigarette” and it would all gone.
Ruki’s expression: “I am so sorry.” And nodding his apologies.
Here is the corner of instant dialogue.
- Reita: I want to know why is he being so nice to me.
How nice is it?
- Reita: I usually will take off my coat when I arrive at his home and he will take care of it for me. He will even hang it up with a hanger. May be he just want to make his house dirty? But I’d like to marry Ruki if he kept on doing all those tiny kind things. (laugh)
- Ruki: What? No way, it’s just because you wanna got marry? (laugh)
- Kai: It’d became weird if you speak too much, Ruki. You’d get into that zone again……
Did you really help taking care of the colthes?
- Ruki: Yes.
You will do the same to the other members?
- Ruki: Yes. I just don’t like putting things around undisciplined in the house.
- Reita: I want to add supplement! Ruki will do that in his house only. He put things all around in the other’s house and on the moving van.
- Ruki: I can say anything in this corner now?
- Ruki: I didn’t mess up there. (angry)
- Reita: He got angry now……
- Kai: Although I am bullied by everyone, but why must you hit me by the hand with rings on?
- Ruki: It’s just by chance that I hit you with my rings on.
- Reita: I felt it pain too! Please be measured.
- Ruki: Really? Aren’t you joking with me?
- Kai: It really hurts. (seriously)
- Ruki: I know it hurts with rings. But you seemed happy with it, so I just kept doing that thinking it should hurt. (laugh)
Is that so? (smirk) So what about Uruha?
- Uruha: Don’t you value your property so much? Why would you forgot your purse in the convenience store?
- Ruki: You said something happened long ago again.
- Uruha: I still have your stuff in my car.
- Ruki: Hat?
- Uruha: Not just that. I think I have a few punk CD there? And clothes and shoes. I put them all in a trunk.
Please answer this, Ruki.
- Ruki: I forget things very easily. (bitterly smile) But that’s still something long ago already.
- Aoi: Then why do you always stop singing before the solo in rehearsals? Every time I am about to start playing the solo……He just sings when he feels like it…… Are you thinking it is end already?
- Ruki: I am used to stop when the music dies, that’s the reason.
- Aoi: But what about rehearsal is, you have to check with the sound of solo, isn’t it?
- Ruki: I am just out of control. (laugh) I will notice on that from now on.
- Aoi: Please, I’ll count on you. (smile)
Is there any difference when it’s just two of you instead of all being together?
- Reita: He will help picking up my things when I am lost in trance. He even won’t complain about a word of his feeling. And our stomach have the same timing. I am so happy that every time I visit his house he will cook something for me to eat.
- Kai: He is even much more tender than everyone’s around. May be he is just shy with all of us here. But when it’s just two of us, it’s like “Wow! Is that true of such a attentive Ruki?”
- Uruha: I think he is chiyu-kei [sees reference in Uruha’s section. Ruki did response to his words here] to me. When he came staying at my house, it’s chiyu enough to see him sleep rowing on my bed.
- Reita: Lovely kid.
- Kai: He is just someone recalling of the other’s maternity?
- Aoi: I feel the same with the others. He is so much more gentle and somehow cute. Of course he is cool being as our “head”, that’s very respectable, too.
What makes you feel cool of Ruki recently?
- Reita: I was surprised that he brought his own equipment (mike). He always seems unconcerned with the equipments. And he just walking around with his personal notebook in hands, doing the design skillfully, that’s very surprising too.
- Kai: Personally, he starts to understand me more of my feelings.
- Uruha: I became lonely……We used to hang out a lot before. And we had lots of topics to talk about before. May he lost the interest in me?
- Aoi: Recently, he has been doing well on the MC[speeches between songs]. He could speak on and on for an hour in the MC before.
At last, please say a sentence to Ruki.
- Reita: We all like you. No one will ever dislike Ruki.
- Aoi: If someone hates Ruki I will just XXXXX him!
- Uruha: The one who hate Ruki will just make us all of his enemies.
- Kai: That’s right. We will take care of you!
- Reita: Last time Ruki said he want to see my mail, so I just let him. And there was mail of me between Uruha which has Ruki’s name on it. He was froze with a “Huh” and he face just softened when he understand that we didn’t say any malicious of him. (laugh)
- Uruha: That must be chiyu as well.
- Reita: Who will be such a BAGA to leave the evidences behind? (laugh)
- Ruki: What’s that mean?!
- Reita: We love Ruki!